Fermented Cauliflower with Mushrooms
Another recipe adding mushrooms for an exceptional flavor experience!
- 2-1/4 cup (300 ml) filtered water
- 1-1/4 Tablespoon Celtic Sea Salt
- 10 oz. (285 g) cauliflower florets(cut weight)
- 10 – 12 crimini mushrooms, cooked
2 cups water and ½ teaspoon salt for blanching mushrooms
1 small red bell pepper, cut into small cubes
- 2 sprigs green onions
- 2 – 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- Large (non-plastic) mixing bowl
- Le Parfait Familia Wiss Terrine or Screw Top glass jar 1L (32 oz)
- ChouAmi device
- Make a salt brine by dissolving the Celtic Sea Salt in filtered water.
- Cook the mushrooms by blanching in salted water for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Strain out and let them cool to room temperature.
- Place all solid ingredients into the mixing bowl and mix well.
- Pack ingredients into a 1000 ml Le Parfait Terrine glass jar, and
- gently push down until the ingredients are leveled at about ½”
- (130 cm)below the maximum fill line.
- Pour in the salt brine until it covers the ingredients by ¼” (65 cm).
- Assemble ChouAmi onto the jar according to directions. Allow to ferment for 8–10 days on your kitchen counter, away from direct sunlight. Check every few days that there is water in the moat, and top off as needed.
- Once ready, remove the ChouAmi Top, cover your delicious ferments with the lid, and store in the fridge.