Homemade Ranch Dressing (Dairy-free)
2 cups (approx.)
This is the BEST dairy-free Ranch Dressing ever! It is made with cashew nuts that are fermented with a splash of pickle or sauerkraut brine, which adds in extra probiotics.
Note: This recipe was designed to fit the 500 ml Le Parfait jar, which is also compatible with our ChouAmi Fermentation Top.
- 1 Tablespoon sea salt
- 1-1/2 cups filtered water
- 5 oz. raw cashew nuts
- 2 oz. onion, cut into small dice
- 3 – 4 cloves garlic
- 1 sprig rosemary or a bay leaf
- 1 Tablespoon brine a batch of fermented pickles or sauerkraut
- Fermented cashew nuts and onions (see above), remove the rosemary or bay leaf
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 – 3 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice and a bit more as needed
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 Tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 – 3 sprigs fresh dill
- ½ teaspoon sugar, or maple syrup (optional)
- Mix the cashew nuts and chopped onion pieces together and put them into a
- 500 ml Le Parfait FW glass jar.
- Add the garlic cloves and rosemary or bay leaf.
- Pour the sea salt brine over the ingredients and add the fermented brine.
- Place your ChouAmi fermentation top over the jar according to directions and allow to ferment at room temperature for 2 – 3 days.
- When the cashew and onion mixture is ready, pour the ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until ingredients are mixed.
- With the blender on, slowly drizzle in the olive oil and avocado oil until the mixture has a creamy consistency.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients (except for the sweetener), and blend again.
- Taste the dressing and add in more lemon juice as needed.
- Add in the sugar or maple syrup if you want a hint of sweetness.
Store dressing in the fridge and use within 2 weeks.