How Does ChouAmi Work?
All ChouAmi™ parts are made of high-quality stainless steel which are dishwasher safe, non-reactive to salt or acid, and built-to-last.
The patented ChouAmi design:
- keeps fermented foods submerged beneath the brine,
- allows carbon dioxide gas to escape safely,
- permits room-temperature process, at home,
- maintains an anaerobic environment for successful fermentation.
See How ChouAmi Works in Action
How To Have A Successful Lacto-Fermentation:
- Carbon dioxide produced by the fermenting microbes must be released. If not, the container may actually explode.
- Fresh air and oxygen must be kept out because the health promoting lactobacilli bacteria are anaerobic.
- The vegetables must be kept completely submerged in the saltwater brine because exposed vegetables that float to the top can start to spoil.
- Convenient. It fits onto a glass preserving jar, so when your fermentation is complete, simply remove ChouAmi, attach the screw lid and place in the fridge for storage.
- Stylish. It has a sleek elegant design that looks good on your counter top.
- Durable. It's made from heavy gauge stainless steel.
- Food safe. Stainless steel and glass are two of the safest materials.
- Reliable. Produces batch after batch of gourmet lacto-fermented vegetables and fruits consistently.